Re: "indexed" colors

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, sreangsu acharyya wrote:

 |i think even X does this when color-depth is set to 8 otherwise it would
 |be too restrictive. All the other applications  using this index (color-map).
 |I dont know if any quantization ( mapping close clors to a same index )
 |takes place or not.

X does something called colormap cycling or something which allows each
app to have it's own color map... which can lead to weird effects.. just
moving focus from one app to another will cause the colormap to change for
all the apps and all but the one in focus will be in really yucky colors!

Kingsly

	        .:: Kingsly John                ICQ 14787510 ::.
            .:: Linux 2.4.3 #5 Sun Apr 8 17:10:55 IST 2001 i686 ::.
           `:. Posted to the list on Wed Apr 11 14:07:12 IST 2001 .:'