Re: images in php4

On Fri, 6 Apr 2001, sreangsu acharyya wrote:

 |i was going through the gd docs one day, it appears it has included a
how long ago was it... ?? :)
 |patch which can create gif images without the LZ compression algo. These
 |images come out to be bigger but unisys cannot complain about them since
 |the patent they own is on the lempel-zif compression.

gd had removed gif support from their library and adviced everyone to
switch to png... the gif versions are no longer supported and IMO they
don't have them on their site either.

I don't think they would have gone back to using gifs coz I think
compressed PNGs are a lot better than uncompressed Gifs.

Kingsly

	        .:: Kingsly John                ICQ 14787510 ::.
            .:: Linux 2.4.3 #2 Sun Apr 1 00:02:27 IST 2001 i686 ::.
           `:. Posted to the list on Fri Apr  6 18:54:05 IST 2001 .:'