Re: Autostart

Hi!
Thanks for your reply about how to make a program run automatically in X Window (without putting it in Autostart folder). I tried the alternatives you suggested, but did not succeed.
Could you please tell in which position I should insert my command in the file "/etc/X11/prefdm" ?

However, as a trial, I tried inserting a program name (kwrite &) in the file /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc, just after it starts the user-preferred programs from some subdirectory within the xinit folder. My program started automatically when I started X Window. My question is, how can I revert to that program when that window disappears (not destroyed).
Thanks in advance.
-Karthika

http://bol.rediff.com