[ probably OT] RE: Segmentation faults and Core Dump

On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Senthil Devan wrote:

> Thanks for your suggestions. Finally the problem was due to stack overflow
> because of the presence of lot of local variables. I have now reduced the
> size of local variables and its working fine. again thanks for all your
> valuable suggestions

somewhat related:

Once I was using a big local array in c, and it would fail to allocate it,
causing problems downstream. So i changed the code, to allocate it dynamically
on heap.

fortran on the other hand could work with local arrays manytimes this size,
quite happily

-- sreangsu