Re: icmp/ping implementation in linux

On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, sreangsu acharyya wrote:

> exactly the point. Maybe the kernel is fragmenting the packets to a size
> of 576. If that is whats happening, the quick and dirty script below will

Following up on my own query:

I got this confirmed from comp.os.linux.development.system, the
icmp_send()'s 576 bytes limitation, that I was apprehensive about applies
only to ICMP error messages sent by the kernel. So one will be able to
bing with larger packetsize.

 Now I have to handle the DF bit, but thats just a setsockopt()

thanks to all

-- sreangsu