Re: G[TD]K

On Sun, Mar 18, 2001 at 09:31:05AM -0800, Arun Sharma wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 18, 2001 at 06:00:38PM +0530, Gaurav Priyolkar wrote:
uu> >

> I think the intention is that you write code mostly using GTK. GDK is
> a lower level layer on which GTK is based and hence the sloppier documentation.

That's true, and while searching through gtk mailing list archives I
found numerous references to the absence of good gdk documentation.

However, for my current requirement, image processing (elective in
BE), I must use gdk as gtk does not provide enough control over
images and pixmaps, allowing only inclusion of the same in containers.

What I am looking for is some simple code to understand how to put gdk
drawables, once they are prepared, into gtk containers.

I found a book, GTK+ / GNOME Application Development at
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/GGAD/GGAD.tar.gz
that has a chapter on gdk, and although it does not have much code it
is better than the manual at the gtk website.

-Gaurav

--
Sleep:  A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.