process migration on linux

hi!
     we  are a group of TE comp students wanting to do BE
project on process migration on LINUX platform.can anybody give info(links,documents etc.)in this regard.
we didn't find much info on net.
    also is it possible to implement process migration on linux and as a BE project(we don't know if we can do it as we are in TE and don't know much about OS and would like your opinions)and what specific improvements can we make to make our implementation better than present implementations(what are existing project's shortcomings?).
                   waiting eagerly for reply.
                                  Sameer

http://bol.rediff.com