Re: Terminal commands

Karthika Sivaramakrishnan wrote:

> Hello!
> I would like to know where the commands executed in any terminal are stored in Linux (in which file), to achieve the DOSKEY-like effect. Any information / suggestion about looking into that file is awaited.

If you are using bash shell
(the history is recorded by shell and not by the terminal), then please find
the history log of commands in the file $(HOME)/.bash_history.

This is a text file and a hidden file. To have a look. run

$ ls .* (for dir listing)
$ vi .bash_history (to edit ???)

If you are not using bash command shell, then
it's man page should tell where the history is stored.

Regards,
-Naba