Re: library fuction calls

On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, Ch Rama Krishna Prasad wrote:

> Hi,
>   I think you will call my-connect function then check the checking conditions
> and the call connect in your my_connect function. By this you need not use
> shared library also

	I want to make the call transparent to all the apps on my box. I
do not want to recompile the applications again replacing all incidents of
connect with my_connect.

	Now I am thinking of compiling the glibc and rename connect.S (for
the i386 linux) to some psedoconnect.S, make my connect.c call
psedoconnect ... Will it work? and good pointers about hacking glibc?

	Thanks.
--

#!!!	If anything can go wrong, _FIX_ it. (To hell with MURPHY)

						Ajay kumar Dwivedi
						 ajayd@xxxxxxxxxx