Pthread question

Hi all

I am working on some threads these days. and I have a question.

It's a well known fact that a member function of a c++ class can't be made as
starting point of thread. Also I found that passing some class member as thread
function argument does not work unless that member is public.

 I am writing a small wrapper for pthreads, which stores function pointers as
member variables. I would like to know if this is feasible/advisable for calling
pthread functions from wrapper class functions.

I will be experimenting on this. I would like to have some suggestions on
this...

 Shridhar