Re: I cannot access my Root account after installing Mandrake

This is because u have made the security of the system as High. So, login to one user account, then su to root and then use draksec to made the security as medium.

then add the follwoing lines to /etc/securetty

#
# Mandrake-Security : if you remove this comment. remove the next line too.
tty1
# Mandrake-Security : if you remove this comment. remove the next line too.
tty2
# Mandrake-Security : if you remove this comment. remove the next line too.
tty3
# Mandrake-Security : if you remove this comment. remove the next line too.
tty4
# Mandrake-Security : if you remove this comment. remove the next line too.
tty5
# Mandrake-Security : if you remove this comment. remove the next line too.
tty6

archan
devrootp@xxxxxxxxxxx

maricha wrote:

Hi all,
I faced a peculiar problem today.. I installed Mandrake 7.0 onto my PIII 550
system on an exclusive ex2fs partition..
The machine is connected to five more Pc's and a HP-Unix server.. While
installing Mandrake I made my system to participate in that network along
with the HP Unix server.. Now all th installation is over and I rebooted..My
machine has also a Host name..
Now after i rebooted i could not log into my Root account.. But i could
access my other user accounts.. I used the console mode and not the X-window
login..
I reinstalled again and found the same problem.. I have installed Linux many
a times, but never let it participate in a network.. This is the first time
i connected it to a network..( or rather had an oppurtunity to experiment
with networking)
ALso when i logged into linux using my other login , i could ping into the
server and also do "ftp"...
But no root access.. I am highly puzzled..
Can any one help me..???
thanks
suri
Vizag