Re: Domain of sender address does not resolve

On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, Ravi Prakash B.V. spewed into the ether:
> is trying to identify the sender domain (through reverse DNS)... I
> checked with our DNS and as well as destination DNS to resolve our
> domain name, it is working finely.
This should be on LIH, but here goes anyway:
You have to do something like this:

$nslookup <domain_name>
Server: <ip>
domain_name
<domain_ip>
$nslookup <domain_ip>
This should give you the server name.
For example:
[devdas@interoffice devdas]$ nslookup worldgatein.com
Server:  ns1.worldgatein.com
Address:  203.109.64.23

Name:    worldgatein.com
Address:  203.109.64.23

[devdas@interoffice devdas]$ nslookup 203.109.64.23
Server:  ns1.worldgatein.com
Address:  203.109.64.23

Name:    ns1.worldgatein.com
Address:  203.109.64.23

Devdas Bhagat
--
*** NEWS FLASH ***

Archeologists find PDP-11/24 inside brain cavity of fossilized dinosaur
skeleton!  Many Digital users fear that RSX-11M may be even more
primitive
than DEC admits.  Price adjustments at 11:00.