Re: kernel compilation

Please specify the exact version of the kernel (version with sub and test numbers) ..... If it is test9 and gcc is 2.96-54 unstable, then this prob may arise...

archan
devrootp@xxxxxxxxxxx

Rajeev Rao wrote:

Hello,
I recently installed Caldera e-desktop 2.04 on my machine. I've been trying to re-configure and re-compile my kernel. These are the steps that I do

make menuconfig   //Do the needfull
make dep;make clean; make bzImage

The compiling stops midway.
I've copied the error stream as have sent the attachment. Can someone look at it and help me solve the problem.

Thanks,
Rajeev