Re: Regular exp negation was Perl expression

On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Deepak Joglekar wrote:

> "^" is operator to negate. When used in start of exp. it is a anchor for compring from begining of the string.

yeah but isnt that for a single character, I mean "[^a].*" should match
anything starting without "a". Will this work for a pattern. For instance
I am searching for the negation of "http" I can put

patern=[^h][^t][^t][^p]

but if i have some pattern like "h.*:" which i want to negate, what do i
do ?

sreangsu