Re: Help in HDD partitioning...

-------> I DOUBT <-------------------

> Therefore you can have 255 * 255 * 255 ~ 2^24 sectors on any disk.

Thanks for this but it seems quite evident that 255*255*255=2^24 and
nothing more than this. Correct me if I am wrong.
Number of sectors as far as I know = heads * sectors per track * cylinders
or you can get the number of sectors from /proc/ide/hda/capacity

What I am looking for is the significance of the structure members that I
had pointed out to in my original query.

Thanks anyway,
Anil