Re: Re: Re: Somethings about libraries..

At 11/21/00 9:26:00 AM, you wrote:

>> if the original code file is replaced by a new copy then a new inode
>> entry is created and the previous one remains until at least one
>> instance of it is executing.
>
>That's right. The old one stays. But the old guy doesn't stay in
>the vnode cache. If you look for "/home/user/a.out" in the vnode
>cache, you get the new version, rather than the old.

thats okay, but after a file is opened we don't deal with its filename, only inode, so the earlier instance of a.out would continue to
use the old code from the old inode entry.

 how do i check the files content in vnode chache ?

reply soon
bye

have a nice day
ICQ 30662394