Video Card

Hello list,

I am having trouble while configuring X. I don't know the Video card in the
system. Is there a way? (its my friend PC without any manuls)

I tried configuring it using the Frame Buffer mode. After following all the
steps as mentioned in PC Quest, i was able to run it in 800x600 resolution. But
when i tried to run it in higher resolution, X crashed saying unable to open
/dev/fb0.

Even after reverting to old configuration i am still getting the same error.

Whereas, the file /dev/fd0 exist in the system

TIA