Re: Somethings about libraries..

Hi,

> 1)I believe that when multiple apps use same shared library, only one copy of
> library is maintained in memory unless library code area is writable.
> 2)Same goes for applications. If I run two bash session for example, they share same
> code area.

In case of shared libraries, its correct. Only one copy of the shared
library code exists in the core at any time. But about apps, I am not
sure whether if all the instances of bash running on a box share the same
code "segment". If an app forks then yes, the children would share the
same code area, but I doubt if two unrelated instances of the same
executable share the same code area.

Kedar.
Kedar Patankar
Senior Software Engineer.
ishoni Networks
...Broadband for everyone
http://www.ishoni.com
email - kedar@xxxxxxxxxx
Phone: +91-80-6676108/09 (Work)
Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent
and original in your work.