From: Archan Paul
To: linux-india-programmers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2000 2:46 PM
Subject: Re: [LIP] what is the difference between shared and static
libraries

hi,
when the lib is statically linked in the prog, the binary includes the
routine of the library also, hence the executable is stand alone. But, when
the lib is dynamically included in the prog, the reference lib information
is
only included in the linked binary. While running that code., the library
is
called and when needed, but that linking information. Hence the compiled
and
linked code remain smaller.

Archan Paul
--