Re: process time lapsed in perl?

On Thu, 16 Nov 2000, Anand D Sankruthi wrote:

> Hi all,
> Is there any way to wait for a process to complete ( which i initiated using
> my code), before proceeding further. i also need to know the time lapsed for
> the process to complete. i use perl in linux.
> thanx

There are several ways. One very simple method would be:

$Stime = time();
system("ls -l /");
$Etime = time();

print "It took ", $Etime-$Stime, " Seconds !\n";

That would give you precision upto a second. If you want better timing,
do:

use Benchmark;

$Stime = new Benchmark;
system("ls -l /");
$Etime = new Benchmark;

print "It took ", timestr(timediff($Etime, $Stime)), "\n";

hope that helps
Sreeji

----
It said Windows 95 or better. So I used Linux.