Re: GNU make and VC++

On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 11:45:25AM +0530, Sarcar, Shourya (MED) wrote:
> Depending on the time, and initiative you have, you may try 'imake', the
> platform independent Makefile generator which comes with the XWindow System.
> You will get a brief intro at this site
> http://www.primate.wisc.edu/software/imake-stuff/

i feel GNU autoconf addresses various issues with imake which make it clumsy and
ineffecient to use. the autoconf/automake combo beats imake _anytime_. I think
imake's time is up. I wonder when XFree86 will switch over to autoconf/automake.
It simply makes things more clearer, and simply more hackable... ;> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config
is a mess! /usr/local/share/aclocal makes more sense.

Nikhil.