Re: CVS diff...

Kedar Patankar forced the electrons to say:
> I tried "cvs diff" at home and carried output of that command over a
> floppy to workplace, but I can't patch the office working copy by just
>
> cd ~/work_dir
> patch < ~/cvs_diff_output_from_home
>
> For some reason the patch command just refuses to recognise the patch.

Depending on how you ran the diff command, you will have to give the
appropriate -p option to patch. Read the man page for patch.

I run cvs diff with the following .cvsrc entry:

diff -Nau -wbB

and I usually have no problems in patching.

The exact patch error message would have helped. And the top lines
from the unified diff o/p.

Binand

--
This signature is on vacation.