Re: hardware address

senthil devan forced the electrons to say:
> I need a C program (Linux Envi) to find the hardware address of a system in
> network with its IP address. Can any one help me out.

If you are looking for localhost's ethernet controller's hardware address, the
ioctl is SIOCGIFHWADDR. For other hosts on the network, no idea. Maybe you can
check out dhcpd's source code (even in DHCP, the hosts report the address).

Binand

--
Binand Raj S. <binand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Warranty null and void if this signature is opened.