RE: raw/packet sockets

Gaurav,
	1. do a little readup on effective user id and real user id. I think
it is covered in advanced programming on unix , rich stevens. that should
answer your queries.

	2. at the socket level, things are usually procedural. but that is
very unsafe due to a whole lot of reasons, doesn't scale well, can be arued
to be not-very-robust etc. etc. that is why you have frameworks like ACE
coming up
For more on network oo progmng,  please read this paper
	http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/PDF/C++-report-col1.pdf

	Warmest regards and wish you all the best on your work
	Shourya

Shourya.Sarcar@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Global Software Platforms
GE Medical Systems
A1 Golden Enclave, Airport Road, Bangalore, India 560 017
Tel : +91-80-526 3121|3496 Ext 362
Surf : www.gemedicalsystems.com | www.shourya.com