RE: Perl -system command

Dear ilugs,
I am including the snippet of the script here . Also I found that system
call generates following error message

foreach $file (@file_list)
{
   chop($file);

    @scenario=split(/[.]/,$file);
    $filedot=$scenario[0];
    $verif=$filedot.".v";
    $current=$filedot.".out";
.
.
.
.# create .v and .out files
.

#check if there is any difference ; store difference in .err file

 $dif=$filedot.".err";
    print "\n",$dif,"\n";
    $EXEC="diff $current $verif > $dif";

    if(system($EXEC) != 0 ) -
    {
	print $!;
    }

It generated Interrupted System Call  error message

Kindly help.
TIA
Sachin