Re: Hiresolution time measurement on linux

check out getitimer and setitimer calls ........

"from the man pages "

ITIMER_REAL    decrements in real time, and delivers SIGALRM upon
expiration.

 ITIMER_VIRTUAL decrements only when the process is executing, and
delivers SIGV­
                      TALRM upon expiration.

 ITIMER_PROF    decrements  both when the process executes and when the
system is
                      executing on behalf of the process.  Coupled with
ITIMER_VIRTUAL,
                      this  timer  is  usually  used  to  profile the
time spent by the
                      application in user and kernel space.  SIGPROF is
delivered  upon
                      expiration.