Re: Unix sockets under Java

On Fri, Sep 29, 2000 at 09:38:30AM +0530, Sarcar, Shourya (MED) typed:
> look at it the other way, hat would make your program unportable :) TTBOMK,
> Java does not support UDP (Unix Domain Protocol), i may be wrong.
> you can off-course try out smoe JNI tricks.

Shourya, I think your definition of UDP is slightly confusing.

Sockets using UDP (User Datagram Protocol - not Unix Domain Protocol) is
supported under java. The classes DatagramPacket & DatagramSocket have
been available since Java 1.0 in the java.net package.

AFAIK Unix Domain Sockets (I think this was what you were really
referring to) are not supported since it is not cross-platform.

Kala