Reg. Problem loading SWING Applet using Netscape Navigator 4.6

I am using Java 1.2 on my Linux Server. I wrote a Applet program in Java
using SWING Components. The program compiles without showing any errors. But
when I try to load the applet using Netscape Navigator4.73 ,it gives the
following error
   ClassFormat Error class already loaded.
I think the problem might be with the classpath. How can I fix the problem?
By the way I want to know, where the swing classes would reside. One of my
friend says that, java 1.2 ships without swing classes. Is it true. I am
totally frustrated am in need of it Quickly. Anyone please help me.