pid , uid...

hi
	i got lotsa questions...

1.	given  the pid of a process, is it possible to know its uid and
the effective uid of a person running it ?

2.      can i hide a process from getting displayed in ps ( and also
vanish from /proc )

3.	if i have a process running as a user foo, then how can i make it
gain root priveleges for executing a function ? I don't want to setuid
root to a process, but in my program a small bit of code requires setuid 0
to execute...

Even man pages will be nice..

Cheers
cheedu