From: deepak yadav [mailto:deepak2000@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2000 2:55 PM
To: linux-india-programmers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Re: [LIP] pics in MySQL

hi
i found out how to do that in mysql. use following sql statement for mysql ,
it may work for u

UPDATE table_name SET blob_column=LOAD_FILE("/tmp/picture") WHERE id=1;

__________
deepak

At 7/18/00 1:20:00 PM, you wrote:
>Do you have any examples on how to store an image in
>binary form.The GUI i am using is Java(jdbc connection)
>so tell me how to connect and store the image in
>db.
>vinu
>On Tue, 18 Jul 2000 11:46:27 +0530
> Paramdeep Singh <PSingh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> *This message was transferred with a trial version of
>> CommuniGate(tm) Pro*
>> Yes
>> you do have in Oracle.
>>
>> and exact way of storing depends on the version you are
>> using of oracle.
>>
>> The oldest available oracle version shall support
>> LongRaw(upto 2G) binary
>> dat.
>> and 8 ,8i have sepcial facilities for storing multimedia
>> content
>>
>> Param

reply soon
bye

 __ deepak __

have a great day
ICQ 30662394

-- No program done by an undergrad will work after she graduates.