Re: setuid()

    Chetan> hi, will somebody please give me a small code
    Chetan> demonstrating the use of setuid(). i went through the man
    Chetan> pages but could not understand anything. it seems to do
    Chetan> something abt bypassing the permissions of a file for a
    Chetan> certain time.

Chetan,
This is not the answer to your question, but I would suggest that if
you want a proper understanding of what setuid() and other set*()
commands do and a much better understanding of UNIX, I would suggest
that you get the "Advanced UNIX programming" and "Advanced Network
Programming" By Richard Stevens. These books will help you a lot more
than you can think of.
HTH
Regards
                Carter
--
Linux poses a real challenge for those with a taste for late-night
hacking (and/or conversations with God).

Syed Khader Vali (Siddiq)                     (sid at sidcarter.com)
Debian GNU/Linux (Woody)                    http://www.sidcarter.com