[X11 Question] Is there a least common denominator font?

Hi,

I am in the process of writing a X11 program.  The program basically
scrolls text across a screen.  I want this program to be portable across
the different unices.  Is there such a thing as a least common denominator
font?  I am currently making the program use -adobe-helvetica-* which is
installed on my system.  My code has a fall back mechanism in it where if
it does not find the specified font it will fall back to some common font
(currently, -*-times-*).

Thaths
--
Homer: And, these Hardy Boys books are great, too! This one's about
smugglers!