Re: GTK + PRGMMING - BUTTON SIZE UNCONTROLLABLE!!

Hi Prakash,

You need to explore "packing boxes" for this.
There are functions like:
    void gtk_box_pack_start( GtkBox    *box,
                             GtkWidget *child,
                             gint       expand,
                             gint       fill,
                             gint       padding );

using which you can achieve packing buttons/widgets with a great amount
of control and flexibility.

Reading the GTK Tutorial (from www.gtk.org) Chapter 4 (4.1 Theory of
Packing Boxes ") will help a lot. The tutorial is great to begin with !

Regards,
Rohit

PRAKASH GOWRI wrote:
> I have created a window with
> three push buttons in it(The program is given below ).
> But if I increase the size of the main window,
> the sizes of the buttons will also increase
> correspondingly.Is there
> any way to control size of the button and increase
> only the size of
> the main window (Top Level window).Please let me know,

Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad
judgement.
		-- Jim Horning