Re: Escape sequences....

I have played with that thing on various occasions.
With this you can change the color of the font,etc.
Say if you want to display the current working directory
on the top of the console.You can use something like this.
PS1=^[[P^[[0;0H^[[K^[[01;37;43mPWD:^[[01;33;41m$(pwd)^[[u/$
  I dont remember that exactly.
I got it from one of those old Gazette.The explanation
is preety neat and simple,i will do that if you want.

vinu