Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [LIP] Form validation using perl]
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 14:00:37 +0530 (IST)
From: "V. Deepa" <deepav@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Aravind Balasubramanian <aravind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Thanks for replying to my query.The doubts which i had asked where not
for
a web based project.I am doing an application project with Perl as
front-end & MySQL as database in Linux based platform.So all validations
while entering data in a form has to be done in Perl itself.When user
enters data in form, each field has to be validated before moving to
next
field.
---------end message--------------

Her client uses ( and wants to continue to use ) old 386 / 486 and *VT
100 terminals*  to do some routine data entry work for which my
colleague is writing the code. So this limitation has to be kept in
mind. She also tried doing the same using forms in curses but without
much luck. She is not under any compulsion to use Perl or ncurses forms
and can use any programming language available in linux. Since the
volume of data entry to be done is huge the fact that validation of any
particular field is done only after the form is completly entered,
limits the speed of the data entry operator. So she has to find a way to
validate fields as and when it is entered, to make the life of the data
entry operator easier. This is where my friend is stuck.

Hope the scene is clear now.

Any solutions ?

Regards

Aravind