BUG in 2.3.51 kernel

Dear Alan Cox,

I have promised to provide the information about the Linux 2.3.51 kernel

bug which I encountered in the last week. I said that I encountered the
bug
when I patched the 2.3.51 kernel with 2.3.99 reiserFS patch. But the
problem still persists without patching the kernel. The problem is as
follows :

    1. Kernel compiled with loopback option on
    2. when I tried to mount the iso image using the loopback device the
m/c hangs.
    3. when I specify the wrong filesystem option in -t of the mount
command, the kernel
         gives the segmentation fault
   4. the problem zone is at the     atomic_read(&bdev->bd_openers)  at
426 line of block_dev.c
        file.

This is not formatted kernel bug report. I will send the bug report in
the formal pattern ...

Thanks

Archan Paul
Lateral Linux Labs