Re: KDE Problem

On Mon, May 01, 2000 at 09:31:35AM +0530, Nick Hill wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 30, 2000 at 09:36:23AM -0700, Arun Sharma wrote:
> >
> > man bash, to figure out when .profile and .bashrc get executed. You don't
> > have .profile executing in your KDE terminal because it is not a login
> > shell.
> >

> i dont use KDE, but there's an option in the GNOME Terminal to make the
> terminal a login terminal, so that u're .profile and .bashrc is run. is there
> a similiar option in the KDE term?

Yes - it's the same as the xterm option:

KDE:

konsole -ls
kvt -ls

KDE2:

konsole --ls

KDE2 konsole has an "interesting" paradigm - they have one terminal
window and many shells within that. You can switch between them using
a taskbar (much like the windows task bar). I didn't like it at first,
because I'm too used to the multi window paradigm. But it might be
useful for those who run a number of vi sessions in parallel and don't
want to switch windows etc.

	-Arun