Implementing security in CGI

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I wanted to know how sites like say yahoo would implement security, knowing
that web is stateless.
I was not really looking for detailed programming help, but some pointers on
how generally people go about implementing security.
I'm aware of .htaccess in apache. The application that we are looking at has
a logon screen in the home page after which subsequent pages have to be
displayed.

Thanks for the help. I would like to seek further guidance.

Murali

Meaning