A fork Bomb - A deadlock ??

Hi There,

	This is my second mail .. some kind soul puh..leese reply ..Got a
query  here !! Is a fork Bomb, a Dead lock ?? If so, why isn't it
detected and a preventive action is taken even before the deadlock
occurs ??

	What is the strategy that is used in dealing with deadlocks in Linux ??
Is it the Ostrich Algorithm ?? because a fork bomb simply hung my
system.

Any pointers in clarifications will be appreciated. I,am trying to get
into concepts and practical implications and aplications all at the same
time. ;)

Regards,

Siva