Re: Help please!!

    Satheesh> So, when main returns to libc, libc exit()'s with this
    Satheesh> return value. If main itself calls exit(x), then it
    Satheesh> never returns to libc and the exit code is x.

I dunno whether this is relevant, but I came across this in one of
steven's books.

when the /main/ function either returns or exits ( by calling the
exit function provided by C start-up function is also invoked. A
function can return either explicitly by " falling off the end"
(i.e. by reaching the terminating right brace that ends a function),
or xplicitly by executing a return statement. The /exit/ function
typically flushes the standard I/O buffers and then terminates the
process by calling te system's _exit system call.

        - Khader

--
Linux poses a real challenge for those with a taste for late-night
hacking (and/or conversations with God).

Syed Khader Vali (Siddiq)                          sid@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Debian GNU/Linux (Woody)                    http://www.sidcarter.com