[LI] fw: Custom built mail solution on sendmail

PRODIGY'S FLASHNET COMMUNICATIONS BUILDS NEXT GENERATION EMAIL SOLUTION ON
SENDMAIL, INC.'S INTERNET MAIL PLATFORM - Business Wire 1/17/2000

<http://news.excite.com:80/news/bw/000117/ca-sendmail-flashnet>

Pretty interesting if you go in for this kind of thing.  The point I
wanted to make is that someone could do a similar thing here -

Design a complete mail solution (sendmail, ipop3d, fetchmail, procmail, a
cute little X client) with a frontend (python / Tk based I think) for
configuration.  Something which will be so easy, even Male Chauvinist Pigs
(err, sorry, I meant the ~other~ MCPs <g>) will consider it an alternative
to M$ (s)Exchange.

This would also have a .procmailrc generator (somewhat like fetchmailconf
or wvdialconf) - so that people need not go about scratching their
heads.  Either bundled with the package or by itself, this would be an
extremely useful thing imho.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian     | President, CAUCE India
r.suresh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   | suresh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx