Re: [LI] remotely working on a website

Vibhu,

>currently I have to ftp to the server ( can't ftp as root ), copy the files,
>telnet, login as vibhu, su root, change to the directory
>( /home/httpd/html ), copy files from vibhu directory to the html directory.
>
>This is a very painfull way . Anybody can suggest any better way to do it ?

Easiest would be to add yourselves as a member of the root group and change
the permissions of the /home/httpd/html directory to 0775 (instead of the
default 0755). Now you - as a member of the root group (which owns the
directory) - should have permissions to write into that directory.

Now ftp as vibhu, change directory to /home/httpd/html and put your files
in there..

Kala