Re: [LI] Return-Path in mutt composed mail.

On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, thus spake G.Gautam:

>         I am having trouble using mutt. When I send the mail, mailq shows
>     the Return-Path as 'g', sender as 'g@localhost'. My login name is 'g'.

That should not be too much of a problem

set sendmail="/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -oi -oem -f gautamg@xxxxxxxx"

^^^^^^^ this must NOT wrap.  Use a \ to continue to the next line if
needed

set hostname="vsnl.com"

set sendmail_bounce="/usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -oem -f gautamg@xxxxxxxx"

^^^^^ this last if needed - it's commented out on my .muttrc

>     I have my_hdr From: G.Gautam <gautamg@xxxxxxxx> in my .muttrc. Pine does
>     not have this problem. My mail bounces, but also gets to the list!

Why should it bounce?  Pls post full headers of a bounce.

hth
--s

Suresh Ramasubramanian     | President, CAUCE India
r.suresh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   | suresh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.india.cauce.org | Stopping Spam In India
--
The human mind ordinarily operates at only ten percent of its capacity
-- the rest is overhead for the operating system.