[LI] majordomo prob

Hi folks,
Now I have a peculiar problem with majordomo !!
I have created a list by the name in-ibm-linux and
when I do a echo lists | mail majordomo, I get the list name correctly
and when I send a mail to majordomo with info in-ibm-linux, I get the expected answer.
Now when I try to subscribe to the list, I get this error replicated below

---- I get this mail back to me ---------------------------

>>> Sorry, an error has occurred while processing your request
>>> The caretaker of Majordomo ( Majordomo-Owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ) has been notified
>>> of the problem.

---- And root gets this mail ------------------------------
MAJORDOMO ABORT (mj_majordomo)!!

shlock: '.' is not writable by UID 30 GID 31

Anybody knows why it is causing a prob. As Thaths has told earlier,
/usr/lib/majordomo is *owned* by root and
/var/lib/majordomo is *owned* by majordomo.  ./wrapper config-test doesnot give any errors.

The changes I have made in my /etc/majordomo.cf are the below lines

$listdir = "/var/lib/majordomo/lists";
$log = "/var/lib/majordomo/Log";

Now, where da hell Am I stuck !!
Helep ;-)