[LI] Linux Demo

Hi guys,
Earlier I had posted a message about display of Linux in Compex 2000, which
was held in Nagpur. So the show is finally over, here are the results.

In the show we ( I along with a leading hardware dealer of Nagpur) had a
linux server running samba, mars_nwe, mail, web, servers. On one of the
client was win95 using the services of NT, and another was dos based NetWare
client connected to main server. E mails were flying between all the
machines and Web server was serving perl/ cgi-bin scripts. It was a
fantastic show and many people could not believe it.
Following observation were made from the peoples view.

1. Linux is the only solution to nascom threat against using pirated
software.
2. Linux needs a good accounting software for Indian user.
3. Hardly 1 % people asked What is Linux? rest 99% already knew it.
4. The credit for 99 % goes to pcq, chip, and pcw.
5. Many people complained that linux is bogus with reference to pcw and
chip.
6. In general it was a trend that linux is difficult to installed.

We received number of order for preinstalled desk top and server machine.

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER- The point 1 to 6 are purely peoples view and I may or
may not agree to it. This is to avoid a magazine war on the list.

Best Regards,
M.S.Deshmukh,
Director.
Beta Computers Pvt. Ltd.