[LI] sendmail problem

Hi friends,

Sorry for this long mail.

Ishmail (X based email client) is using sendmail to deliver the mail
to the pop server. If I send any message from Ishmail the from field
address goes as username@domainname. No reply-to address settings
present in Ishmail.

Earlier domain name of my machine was *com* and my username is
*rajesh*. As a result sendmail was putting from field as rajesh@com.

Then Suresh suggested the following :
/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -oi -oem -f rfowkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

But that too did not work.

Then I changed my domainname from com to *goa1.dot.net.in*. Now the
mail is sent as *rajesh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx*.

If I create a new login *rfowkar* and send mail through Ishmail it's
sending correct from address ( rfowkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ). But I don't
want to create a new user just for the sack of accomplishing the
above. Since if from other user login's say my brother/sister sends
mail then that should also be tagged as from rfowkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Can I send mail from login rajesh such that from field is substituted
as rfowkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx instead of rajesh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What I will have to do ? Please help !!!!!!

Thanks for reading this long mail.

Thanks in advance.

--
Rajesh(ALIAS Shriram)
How I Configured my SiS6215 Card ?Visit:http://rajesh.computers.webjump.com/linux.html

Web Site : http://rajesh.computers.webjump.com/
   Email : rfowkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken bird that cannot fly.
Langston Hughes