Re: [LI] X - Configuration

Hello,

  I tried  X -probeonly &>/tmp/xprobe.txt.
 The output file was empty and the output of the command was seen only on
the
 screen.The screen could not be scrolled up for full details.

 Xconfigurator --expert was tried.
 Monitor setting set to 640x480x8bit
      X server opened up a blue screen(|||r to GNOME screen) and hung up.

 XF86Setup was tried.
 monitor setting 640x480x8bit was tried.
 X hangs up with strips on the screen.

 Just typing X opens a screen with a cursor(functional),doesn't hang.

 Xtest -- hung up.

   Bharata.B.Rao

Please respond to linux-india@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx