Re: [LI] is it hacker ? (fwd)

Suresh Ramasubramanian proclaimed:
> So, please, as you are a clued linuxer AND a member of NIC, mail all the
> NIC and ERNET server admins you know and ask them to
>
> 1. Upgrade their unix systems (new version, kernel, all possible patches)
>
> or at least
>
> 2. Upgrade sendmail to 8.9.3 and REBUILD sendmail.cf

AND, please read:
http://www.freebsd.org/~jkb/howto.html
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Security-HOWTO.html

Anyeone running a unix box that is on the internet should read the above
documents and close an many of the open ports as possible.

Thaths
--
   "In high school, I was voted most likely to be a mental patient,
         hillbilly, or chimpanzee." -- Homer J. Simpson