[LI] Re: Linux India Digest V1 #528

Anybody know how to use a Lexmark 1000 Ink Jet Printer with Linux??

Paul

On 01/21/2000, 11:20:04,
owner-linux-india-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Linux India Digest)
wrote regarding Linux India Digest V1 #528:

> Linux India Digest      Friday, January 21 2000      Volume 01 :
Number 528

> In this issue:

>       Re: [LI] Raghavendra Bhat's attacks on PC Quest
>       Re: [LI] Telnet to linux machine not working
>       [LI] (Repost) DNS : Logical query
>       Re: [LI] (Repost) DNS : Logical query
>       Re: [LI] (Repost) DNS : Logical query
>       [LI] Proxy FTP
>       Re: [LI] Raghavendra Bhat's attacks on PC Quest
>       Re: [LI] (Repost) DNS : Logical query
>       Re: [LI] (Repost) DNS : Logical query
>       Re: [LI] (Repost) DNS : Logical query
>       [LI] shared memore segment
>       Re: [LI] (Repost) DNS : Logical query
>       Re: [LI] Raghavendra Bhat's attacks on PC Quest
>       Re: [LI] (Repost) DNS : Logical query
>       Re: [LI] shared memore segment
>       Re: [LI] (Repost) DNS : Logical query
>       Re: [LI] (Repost) DNS : Logical query
>       Re: [LI] Raghavendra Bhat's attacks on PC Quest
>       Re: [LI] (Repost) DNS : Logical query
>       Re: [LI] Raghavendra Bhat's attacks on PC Quest
>       [LI] regarding hp deskjet 320
>       Re: [LI] Redhat-6.1 Installation
>       Re: [LI] Raghavendra Bhat's attacks on PC Quest
>       Re: [LI] regarding hp deskjet 320
>       Re: [LI] ilug-cochin minutes for Jan 2000 [Attn. Atul]
>       Re: [LI] X - Configuration
>       [LI] Raghavendra Bhat's attacks on PC Quest

> Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 07:06:10 EDT
> From: "Sunit Mathur" <sunit@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [LI] Raghavendra Bhat's attacks on PC Quest

> I fully agree with Atul's comments about PCQ. For me and many others
who had heard about Linux and wanted to work on it but could not afford
it, PCQ came as a boon and suddenly Linux became easily accessible. This
was with the Slackware that PCQ had come out with...
> The next PCQ Linux CD's enabled me to learn a lot about Linux.
> I am also proud about the fact that I got my Job due to my love for
Linux. (which is due to PCQ). I still treasure all old issues of the PCQ
CD's. And I think that some people forget the contrib made by PCQ
towards spreading Linux awareness by actively supporting ILUG with
activities like IT.COM which made Linux more popular.

> I also think that a lot of the credit for Linux's growing popularity
goes to PCQ as it was when PCQ began focussing on Linux that all
sections of the IT industry sat up and started taking notice.

> Regards
> Sunit Mathur
> Web Developer/Linux Admin
> M/s Sholay.Com Inc

But
> talk about PC Quest again in this unsubstantiated way, and you are
going
> to have to be taught a lesson in legal matters.

> I will not stand by while you drag the name of PC Quest in the mud for
> your own personal gain. There are a lot of good people in PCQ for whom
> have the highest possible respect, and I have seen what they have done
for
> people over the years. What right do you have to come along to
besmirch
> their good intentions and all their hard work with your lies and
> unsubstantiated allegations?

> Linux India, I need to ask you for help with this problem. This man is
> trying to whip up a momentum against PC Quest (see the minutes of the
last
> ILUG-Cochin meet) for his own personal gain, and he is using the
mailing
> lists and Linux as his medium. He is getting away with it because no
one
> here tells him that you disagree.

> I would expect at least the listadmins to do something about this, but
> suspect that they cannot because it would look like the list is a
> PCQ-sponsored thing (which it isn't).

> If it will help, I will recommend to PC Quest to terminate the PCQ
Linux
> Initiative in response to this problem, to allow the listadmins to do
> their job without fear of repercussions and wrongful allegations of
bias.

> Atul

> - --
> E-Mail
> sunit@xxxxxxxxxx

> E-Home
> http://www.angelfire.com/sc/sunitmathur

> Official Web Sites
> http://www.netangle.com
> http://www.sholay.com
> http://www.sansad.com
> http://www.taazakhabar.com
> http://www.surtaal.com
> http://www.kharidi.com

> - --

> ------------------------------

> Date: 21 Jan 2000 08:39:23 -0000
> From: "Jiju Thomas Mathew" <digitelnet@xxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [LI] Telnet to linux machine not working

> Vimal Mathew <vml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote

> > Maybe you have a telnet server (other than inetd/in.telnetd) running
on your
> > system. Try killing "inetd" and doing a "socklist" or "netstat -a" to
> > check for other programs. Then, restart inetd.

> i dont have socklist
> i did netstat -a and the output is this

> Active Internet connections (servers and established)
> Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address
State
> tcp        0      0 *:webcache              *:*
LISTEN
> tcp        0      0 localhost:1032          localhost:1033
ESTABLISHED
> tcp        0      0 localhost:1033          localhost:1032
ESTABLISHED
> tcp        0      0 localhost:1030          localhost:1031
ESTABLISHED
> tcp        0      0 localhost:1031          localhost:1030
ESTABLISHED
> tcp        0      0 localhost:1028          localhost:1029
ESTABLISHED
> tcp        0      0 localhost:1029          localhost:1028
ESTABLISHED
> tcp        0      0 localhost:1026          localhost:1027
ESTABLISHED
> tcp        0      0 localhost:1027          localhost:1026
ESTABLISHED
> tcp        0      0 localhost:1024          localhost:1025
ESTABLISHED
> tcp        0      0 localhost:1025          localhost:1024
ESTABLISHED
> tcp        0      0 *:628                   *:*
LISTEN
> tcp        0      0 *:smtp                  *:*
LISTEN
> tcp        0      0 ws1.digitel.net:domain  *:*
LISTEN
> tcp        0      0 localhost:domain        *:*
LISTEN
> tcp        0      0 *:auth                  *:*
LISTEN
> tcp        0      0 *:sunrpc                *:*
LISTEN
> udp        0      0 *:3946                  *:*
> udp        0      0 *:3401                  *:*
> udp        0      0 *:icp                   *:*
> udp        0      0 ws1.digitel.net:domain  *:*
> udp        0      0 localhost:domain        *:*
> udp        0      0 *:sunrpc                *:*
> raw        0      0 *:icmp                  *:*                     7
> raw        0      0 *:tcp                   *:*                     7
> Active UNIX domain sockets (servers and established)
> Proto RefCnt Flags       Type       State         I-Node Path
> unix  0      [ ]         STREAM     CONNECTED     112    @0000000f
> unix  0      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     12385  /dev/gpmctl
> unix  0      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     372    /var/run/ndc
> unix  6      [ ]         DGRAM                    302    /dev/log
> unix  0      [ ]         DGRAM                    12387
> unix  0      [ ]         DGRAM                    10403
> unix  0      [ ]         DGRAM                    689
> unix  0      [ ]         DGRAM                    630
> unix  0      [ ]         DGRAM                    370
> unix  0      [ ]         DGRAM                    317

> > Have you modified your /etc/services or /etc/inetd.conf ?
> >
> no

> sorry for the long post

> ------------------------------

> Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 17:58:25 +0530
> From: Milind Lele <milindl@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [LI] (Repost) DNS : Logical query

>       Posting again - seeking attention away from distro/personal
wars...

> [...]
addresses?

> > TIA
> >

> ------------------------------

> Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 17:58:20 IST
> From: V S Sai Satish <saisat@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [LI] (Repost) DNS : Logical query

> Hi,
> Try this resource... Ask Mr.DNS... @

> http://www.acmebw.com/askmr.htm

> HTH
> Sai

> >     Posting again - seeking attention away from distro/personal
wars...

> > > A logical question on DNS:
> > >
> > > Can a registered domain have both real Internet addresses and private
> > > addresses? Or rather, can the same zone have both of them?
> > >
> > > What is the right way to configure a DNS when the same server is
supposed
> > > to resolve the real Internet addresses as well as local private
addresses?

> > > TIA
> > >

> ------------------------------

> Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 18:03:04 +0530 (IST)
> From: Atul Chitnis <achitnis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [LI] (Repost) DNS : Logical query

> On Fri, 21 Jan 2000, Milind Lele wrote:

> > > Can a registered domain have both real Internet addresses and private
> > > addresses? Or rather, can the same zone have both of them?

> # nslookup
> Default Server:  cix.exocore.com
> Address:  192.168.1.100

> > www.exocore.com
> Server:  cix.exocore.com
> Address:  192.168.1.100

> Name:    www.exocore.com
> Address:  205.181.128.228   <<<<<<

> > monster.exocore.com
> Server:  cix.exocore.com
> Address:  192.168.1.100

> Name:    monster.exocore.com
> Address:  192.168.1.1       <<<<<<

> The answer is - an internal DNS can do that. An external DNS could do
it,
> but it would be bad manners to map hosts that cannot be reached from
the
> outside anyway.

> > > What is the right way to configure a DNS when the same server is
supposed
> > > to resolve the real Internet addresses as well as local private
addresses?

> I run two DNSs - one for internal and one for external addresses - on
> difference servers.

> Atul

> ------------------------------

> Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 18:15:03 +0530
> From: paradigm@xxxxxxxx
> Subject: [LI] Proxy FTP

> Hi,

> Which is the best Proxy FTP software Linux.  Please help me.  Gftp and
> Ncftp is not working on my box, any "conf" file need to change?

> Thanks in advance and best regards,
> Anil.

> Registered Linux user #156732

> paradigm TECHNOLOGIES Pvt. Ltd.
> No. 28, McNichol's Road, Chetpet, Chennai-600 031, INDIA.
> Tel: ++ 91 44   8257907 , ++ 91 44  8212763, ++ 91 44 8213654

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.intac.com/~cdp/cptd-faq/section5.html#split_DNS

> This will give you some insight on the way things work with Split DNS.
I would
> also suggest the DNS bible. A must for any DNS or rather any Network
> Administrator. Another great resource for DNS is www.dns.net/dnsrd

> Hope this helps,

> - - Gaurav

> Atul Chitnis <achitnis@xxxxxxxxxxx> on 01/21/2000 06:03:04 PM

> Please respond to linux-india@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> To:   linux india <linux-india@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> cc:    (bcc: Gaurav Sabharwal/HSS)

> Subject:  Re: [LI] (Repost) DNS : Logical query

> On Fri, 21 Jan 2000, Milind Lele wrote:

> > > Can a registered domain have both real Internet addresses and private
> > > addresses? Or rather, can the same zone have both of them?

> # nslookup
> Default Server:  cix.exocore.com
> Address:  192.168.1.100

> > www.exocore.com
> Server:  cix.exocore.com
> Address:  192.168.1.100

> Name:    www.exocore.com
> Address:  205.181.128.228   <<<<<<

> > monster.exocore.com
> Server:  cix.exocore.com
> Address:  192.168.1.100

> Name:    monster.exocore.com
> Address:  192.168.1.1       <<<<<<

> The answer is - an internal DNS can do that. An external DNS could do
it,
> but it would be bad manners to map hosts that cannot be reached from
the
> outside anyway.

> > > What is the right way to configure a DNS when the same server is
supposed
> > > to resolve the real Internet addresses as well as local private
addresses?

> I run two DNSs - one for internal and one for external addresses - on
> difference servers.

> Atul

> - --------------------------------------------------------------------
> The Linux India Mailing List Archives are now available.  Please
search
> the archive at http://lists.linux-india.org/ before posting your
question
> to avoid repetition and save bandwidth.

> ------------------------------

> Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 18:58:23 +0530 (IST)
> From: Atul Chitnis <achitnis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [LI] (Repost) DNS : Logical query

> On Fri, 21 Jan 2000 gauravs@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > Not exactly. There is no need to run two name servers on different
machines to
> > do DNS for two different networks i.e. private and public. He is
looking for
> > something which is known as split DNS. In this case you have the same
domain
> > name for both private as well as public networks.

> Hey, I only said that *I* do it this way, largely because it is easy -
> usually have two boxes to work with anyway - one on the outside of the
> firewall (for external services like mail, DNS, etc.), one on the
inside.

> But one lives and learns....

> > Take a look at the DNS faq at http://www.intac.com/~cdp/cptd-faq/ or
> > to send you to the exact URL use:
> > http://www.intac.com/~cdp/cptd-faq/section5.html#split_DNS

> ...like this. Thanks!

> Atul

> ------------------------------

> Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 19:10:16 +0530 (IST)
> From: "Nagarjuna G." <nagarjun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [LI] (Repost) DNS : Logical query

> On Fri, 21 Jan 2000, Milind Lele wrote:

> - ->  Posting again - seeking attention away from distro/personal
wars...
> - ->
> - ->> A logical question on DNS:
> - ->>
> - ->> Can a registered domain have both real Internet addresses and
private
> - ->> addresses? Or rather, can the same zone have both of them?

> Regarding the local private addresses, /etc/hosts is sufficient.

> May be I haven't understood your question: When you have a registered
> domain, why do you want to intermingle with the private addresses.

> - ->>
> - ->> What is the right way to configure a DNS when the same server is
supposed
> - ->> to resolve the real Internet addresses as well as local private
addresses?
> - ->>

> By specifying the order in the /etc/host.conf.

> Nagarjuna

> ------------------------------

> Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 21:26:27 +0530 (IST)
> From: linuxfan@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [LI] shared memore segment

> how to view the info about the shared memory segment and semaphores
> in linux?

> ------------------------------

> Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 19:08:05 +0530
> From: gauravs@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [LI] (Repost) DNS : Logical query

> I think my way of representing the text in my mail was wrong. I know
that it is
> *you* who is doing it this way. I was just suggesting another
solution.

> [...]

> Hey, I only said that *I* do it this way, largely because it is easy -
> usually have two boxes to work with anyway - one on the outside of the
> firewall (for external services like mail, DNS, etc.), one on the
inside.

> But one lives and learns....

> > Take a look at the DNS faq at http://www.intac.com/~cdp/cptd-faq/ or
> > to send you to the exact URL use:
> > http://www.intac.com/~cdp/cptd-faq/section5.html#split_DNS

> ...like this. Thanks!

> Atul

> - --------------------------------------------------------------------
> The Linux India Mailing List Archives are now available.  Please
search
> the archive at http://lists.linux-india.org/ before posting your
question
> to avoid repetition and save bandwidth.

> ------------------------------

> Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 19:28:50 +0530 (IST)
> From: Atul Chitnis <achitnis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [LI] Raghavendra Bhat's attacks on PC Quest

> On Fri, 21 Jan 2000, Dr. Sharukh K. R. Pavri. wrote:

> > Be quite sure I am not taking sides here, but Atul, how does this step
help
> > Linux and specifically Linux in India.

> Oh, that's simple. Linux India is not affiliated with any entity (be
it
> magazine or otherwise). But if there is a frontal attack like we are
> seeing now on any entity, it cannot step in without being immediately
> accused of "catering" to that entity.

> However, if that entity is not associated with Linux in any way, then
such
> accusations cannot be made, right?

> A harsh step, but one that definitely will happen at some point unless
> listers step in themselves and tell the perpetrator *and* the
listadmins
> about acceptable behaviour. If the list protests, so will the admins -
> without worry about accusations of bias.

> I need to point out that Linux India is a big thing now, and as
important
> as any other Linux resource in India - if not the biggest. This is why
> said perpetrator uses this medium to foster his agenda. PCQ, CHIP, PC
> World, IBM, Dell, Intel, Motorola, etc. are all part of the Linux
world in
> India, and if one of them is repeatedly attacked this way, it may not
mean
> much, but if the list shows apathy and "let's it happen", you can be
sure
> that the entity is going to reconsider its involvement with Linux.

> > Btw Mr. Bhat, PCWorld gave Corel Linux, Chip gave Winlinux 2000, I.T.
> > Magazine gave Mandrake linux, then how come you only target PCQ for
giving
> > out Non-Debian distros ????

> A *very* good question. I suspect that the answer to this is the core
of
> the problem. It appears to have very little to do with Debian, or
Linux,
> or anything libre, at all......

> Atul

> ------------------------------

> Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 19:26:26 +0530
> From: gauravs@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [LI] (Repost) DNS : Logical query

> /etc/hosts is sufficient in a small network. What do you do when you
have 1000
> plus hetrogenous machines in your network. One has to opt for either
DNS or DHCP
> [...]

> soon see why professional and seased sysadmins *swear* by DNS. DNS is
> very important factor in *any* LAN that needs central
> administration.

> Atul

> - --------------------------------------------------------
> Atul Chitnis       | achitnis@xxxxxxxxxxx (PGP:6011BCB8)
> Exocore Consulting | http://www.exocore.com
> Bangalore, India   | +91(80)3440397 Fax +91(80)3341137
> - --------------------------------------------------------

> ------------------------------

> Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 19:33:21 +0530 (IST)
> From: Atul Chitnis <achitnis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [LI] (Repost) DNS : Logical query

> On Fri, 21 Jan 2000 gauravs@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > BTW, High time you got in a DMZ to place your nameserver at. ;-)

> I am not on a leased line, just a dialup, like most Joe Ramaswamys.
;-)

> But when it comes to client leased line setups.....

> Atul

> ------------------------------

> Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 19:55:34 +0530 (IST)
> From: "Nagarjuna G." <nagarjun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [LI] Raghavendra Bhat's attacks on PC Quest

> On Fri, 21 Jan 2000, Atul Chitnis wrote:

> - ->On Fri, 21 Jan 2000, Raghavendra Bhat wrote:
> - ->
> - ->> > RedHat funds people like Alan Cox whose contributions help make
Linux what
> [...]

> source software movement cannot afford to and will not tolerate
> mediocrity.

> With regard to Atul I need not say anything, he is on his own and very
> vocal.  But let me pay my respects, no one can ignore nor undermine
> the the role he is playing for promoting linux in the country.

> So, why am I saying all this.  Letus be brave to say the truth, even
> if it hurts our guts.

> Nagarjuna

> ------------------------------

> Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 20:15:59 +0530 (IST)
> From: "Nagarjuna G." <nagarjun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [LI] (Repost) DNS : Logical query

> On Fri, 21 Jan 2000 gauravs@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> - ->
> - ->
> - ->/etc/hosts is sufficient in a small network. What do you do when
you have 1000
> - ->plus hetrogenous machines in your network. One has to opt for
either DNS or DHCP
> - ->in this case.
> - ->
> - ->The order in the host.conf file is just for the machine on which
you are working
> - ->to know the order in which it should resolve hostnames and not
related with DNS
> - ->server configuration at all.
> - ->

> I am confused.  Cant we say through the /etc/host.conf that first
> finish resolving the private things throug the /etc/host and only then
> go for bind, thus to DNS.

> Nagarjuna

> ------------------------------

> Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 20:27:05 +0530
> From: skhader@xxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [LI] Raghavendra Bhat's attacks on PC Quest

> Hi there,
> well, that was what Raj might call a goood flamewar !!! HeHeHe !!
> Enjoyed more than my earlier ilug-debian thing. ;-) This was more
hottter
> than my flame-war.
> I pity you guys !! ;-)  Well, anyway shanu in a way seems to have
called
> everyone what he wanted to
> call all these days including himself ;-) Seems to have utilitzed and
> opportunity in a very (in)sensible manner. ;-)
> Regards
>      Khader ( ROTFL )

> - ----------------------------------   @}--------
> Syed Khader Vali                  Debian 2.2.4 ( potato )
> skhader@xxxxxxxxxx             Kernel 2.3.39
> Live Free or Die                       http://www.cfp2000.org

> Shanker Balan <shanu@xxxxxxxx> on 01/20/2000 04:55:51 PM
> <snip >  Only for Adults ;-)

> 11. I am a Fu****

> </snip>       Only for Adults ;-)

> ------------------------------

> Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 21:15:16 +0530
> From: "Virajit Gundale" <virajit@xxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [LI] regarding hp deskjet 320

> Hi friends!
>                 Please let me know how to install the printer HP
DeskJet 320
> on linux or where its driver is available.
> I am awaiting the solution for it friends.

> Bye!

> Virajit Gundale

> ------------------------------

> Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 21:41:25 -0500
> From: Shourya Sarcar <sarcar@xxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [LI] Redhat-6.1 Installation

> On Thu, 20 Jan 2000, Dr. Sarat Kumat Patra wrote:

> *1. I have installed Red Hat Linux 6.1 on a Intel Celeron PC with
> *Intel810 mother board and it
> *it containds the PCI-SVGA  intel 810 choset on the board. This
graphics
> *driver I suppose is not supported by RH6.1. Can I get some help about
> *how to
> *Install Xwindows on the machine. I am using a Proview monitor. I
could
> *Install RH6.1 but failed with Xwindows.

> >> Have you tried out the custom / unlisted cards with a SVGA / VGA16
Server ?
> Try loading and running Xconfigurator / XF86Setup/ xf86config.

> *3. I also want to install few diskless machines in my network. I saw
> *some mail regarding this with respect to PCQuest Dec 1999. Could some
> *one help me in this regard(Anyone who has a record of the
discussion).

> Search the archives !! It's searchable !!!
> Read the Diskless-HOWTO in /doc directory of the PCQ RHL6.1 release CD
> (PCQ 99) or from some older CD / web

> ------------------------------

> Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 21:20:59 +0530 (IST)
> From: Atul Chitnis <achitnis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [LI] Raghavendra Bhat's attacks on PC Quest

> On Fri, 21 Jan 2000 skhader@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > I pity you guys !! ;-)  Well, anyway shanu in a way seems to have
> > called everyone what he wanted to call all these days including
> > himself ;-) Seems to have utilitzed and opportunity in a very
> > (in)sensible manner. ;-)

> I rather suspect that Shanu gave way under the pressure he was under
back
> home, and let off steam. There was more to this than most people know
> about (and I suspect ILUG-Cochin members were aware of this), and in a
> manner of speaking I admire the fact that he chose to speak at all.

> Sure, he could have done it in a more restrained manner, but he once
and
> for all called a bluff that has been the root of some really evil here
for
> quite a while. Hopefully, his reveletions will end this farce now, and
> peace will rain once again in Linux India.

> And tomorrow, at the ILUG-Bangalore meet (6pm, Hotel Ashraya, Infantry
> Road, all welcome), we finally get to see a Debian install in all its
> glory, and without the bigotry. And hopefully, we will have a surprise
> guest, too.

> Atul

> ------------------------------

> Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 21:22:42 +0530 (IST)
> From: Atul Chitnis <achitnis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [LI] regarding hp deskjet 320

> Virajit:

> Any HP Deskjet driver should so the job. If you use RedHat Linux, use
> printtool and just choose the generic HP Deskjet driver or one that is
> close.

> Atul

> On Fri, 21 Jan 2000, Virajit Gundale wrote:

> > Hi friends!
> >                 Please let me know how to install the printer HP
DeskJet 320
> > on linux or where its driver is available.
> > I am awaiting the solution for it friends.

> Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 21:30:16 +0530
> From: Rohit <rohits@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [LI] ilug-cochin minutes for Jan 2000 [Attn. Atul]

> > having you, Arun, Khader(Police :) ) , Kishore, Raj, Gurunandan,
Avinash,