Re: [LI] icewm-running

On Fri, Jan 21, 2000 at 05:27:22AM +0530, L.V.Gandhi wrote:
> I have compiled icewm. How to make it work. I have copied icewm compiled
> executable to /usr/X11R6/bin and the lib files to
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/icewm dir.

Compiled programs should preferably be installed by a "make install" (if the
compilation used Makefiles). What did the INSTALL file tell you? Most sources
come with very detailed documents, including installation, configuration and
usage instructions. Go through all the README files, and any file with names
such as "Install" or "INSTALL". The toughest part of installing from sources
is the compilation (if your header files get mixed up, or it was meant for
another platform).

--vml,
Model Engg. College,
Cochin